Yes, we are conveniently located right in the middle of the United States for your next stop. Once you've landed, it is our mission to earn your loyalty as a regular customer. With competitive fuel prices, professional ground services, and the amenities for a first class stop, we think you'll enjoy your stay.
We invite you to come visit us in beautiful Pierre, South Dakota (KPIR). We have great approaches and no towers to worry about, making us a great quick turn destination. Call us when you're 15 minutes out on UNICOM 122.95 to have a fuel truck waiting for you.
This FBO is an aviation gem! Beautiful facility, airport and people! It was a great experience on our trip to Montana!
From Keith on 15-Sep-2014
We have visited Mustang Aviation for overnight stops twice in the last year, the most recent on August 2, and have been treated to top notch service both times. Greeted by a lineman on taxi in and directed to parking. He called our hotel shuttle, assisted us with our bags, and took care of tie-down. Our plane was fueled as requested when we arrived for departure, and the lineman offered to tow our plane to the door or to give us a ride to the plane. When we declined, he hustled out to untie the plane and make sure we had everything we needed. We didn't take much fuel as we arrived nearly full but we were treated very well just the same.
From Craig on 03-Aug-2014
We stopped at PIR on our way home at the recommendation of a friend. The fuel price was about average but the service was much better than average. We found a very nice facility and prior arrangements were made to stay in town at an equally wonderful place to stay. I will definitely stop again when in this part of the country.
From Kenneth on 18-Jul-2014
- We diverted to KPIR due to weather. Decided to spend the night and the ladies at the counter found us a room at the Best Western. Dog friendly with airport shuttle. Thanks for taking care of us! We made a point to stop for a second overnight on the return trip. We'll be back!
From Rich on 17-Jul-2014
- Service doesn't get any better than this! And, the lead to staying at the Days Inn was exactly on target.
From Wendell on 17-Oct-2013
- Beautiful facility, friendly staff and quick service. I'd highly recommend stopping this way in your travels!
From Terry on 30-Aug-2013
- I work with a lot of FBOs scheduling car services for the passengers. This was probably the best FBO I have ever worked with. So kind and goes above to make sure everything is set. Teresa was amazing!
From Lou on 30-Aug-2013
- Our first visit to Pierre was on 8-1-13 and we received excellent service at Mustang Aviation. The staff was great in getting us a car rental on short notice (a few hours before arrival) late in the afternoon, and the line crew met us on arrival with assistance with tie down and luggage. Refueling was prompt and accurate. The facility is very inviting and comfortable, with beautiful artwork in the lobby. We knew we were out West when we arrived, as their slogan "Where the Midwest Meets the Wild West" suggests. We highly recommend Mustang Aviation and a stop at Pierre.
From Gerry on 21-Aug-2013
- One of my two vacuum pumps failed on a flight from Indianapolis to Pierre, SD. Originally it was my intention to just refuel in Pierre and then continue on my journey home. But I was not about to night fly over barren and dark western lands, where there is no horizon or other visual cues, without the redundancy of 2 vacuum pumps. Without vacuum I have no autopilot. I landed at Pierre at 1630 hours. Jamie, the maintenance manager did not have the part in stock. He was able to order one from his supplier for next day Saturday delivery by UPS. He told me that he would be at the airport at 0800 to meet the feeder plane from Minneapolis so that the part would not be put on the UPS truck for later delivery, and he would have a mechanic out there on Saturday morning to get the pump installed as early as possible so that I could get home on Saturday. If this is not service going above and beyond the call of duty, I don't know what is. Mustang has my highest recommendation.
From Daniel on 26-Jul-2013
- Submitting this comment is long overdue. Mustang is a great new facility with conference room, pilot's lounge, quiet room, comfortable lobby and smiling staff. They are working to get your business! If you want proof just check the fuel prices compared to Rapid City for full service. First class service at a field that is quick and easy for a fuel stop.
From Jim on 26-Jul-2013
- Came here to build some XC time from KRAP. My airplane was actually purchased here so it was nice to bring her back for a visit. A+ to everything, and the new facilities are beautiful!
From Miranda on 12-Oct-2012
- Stopped in, in a Cub on the way from MOT to E98. Great service from a beautiful FBO and friendly folks even for a J3 parked next to a Premier Jet. Great facilities.
From Kurt on 23-Sep-2012
- Very nice facility that I was happy to find after a 3 hour sit over 'fly-over' country in a Citabria last week. Efficient fueling and clean facilities. I would return!
From Trace on 01-Jul-2012
- My husband and I stopped here overnight due to snow on our way to Wyoming. Everyone was welcoming and so helpful. They arranged a hotel reservation and ground transportation and took great care of our plane. Plus they have a cute little gift shop...love my Mustang Aviation t-shirt!